Sarah Morales
As I packed today, I was thinking about all the sacrifices military spouses make on a daily basis. There are so many, but to even it out there are also so many blessings to this life we choose to live. This may not seem a big deal for many, but me, it sent me into a tizzy for awhile before the actual departure...

I was packing to go to my parents for two weeks while my husband would be gone on a mission. On this particular date span, my family would be making a sacrifice that breaks my heart, we would be giving up to special days on calendar as a family...my daughter's and husband's birthday. He will be gone for both days. Yes, we celebrated early so daddy could take part, but he had to miss the same two days last year. I am not sure if Giovanna realizes at this age or not, but it still broke my heart.

I know this is what comes with the territory of being a military spouse and I'm not complaining. I just pray that they both have a wonderful day, and that next year we can all be together to celebrate, because next she will have a better understanding of what her birthday is.
0 Responses

Post a Comment