Sarah Morales
I have been a stay at home mom since February, and there is no greater gift than to be able to raise your own children, to be with them on a daily basis and to love on them at any moment. Quitting my job took a lot of faith that God would provide for our every need. We lost a lot of income when my husband joined the military and again when I quit my job.

If you were to look at it on paper you would think there is absolutely no way that we could stay afloat on our reduced income. We had our budget of bills based on an income of almost 3 times what we bring in monthly now. Sure, it's stressful at times, but throughout the entire process, God has honored our desire to raise our own children.

I have been wanting to do something that I enjoy, can do at home, but still make a little extra money for our family. Back in October, I decided to buy a sewing machine and play around with it. I never took any sewing lessons, but have made a few things in the past. I wanted to make myself a diaper bag, and was so pleased with it, that I decided to try a purse. I used a pattern for the first bag to kind of get a general idea of what I needed to do. After that, I began creating my own designs and making bags/purses. I just love looking at all the different fabrics, the feel of them, imagining how it will make others feel.

God blessed me with a talent that I never imagined having. I was terrified of the sewing machine...I thought they were all going to be as tough to learn as my dad's...lol Once I sat down at my new one, I just couldn't stop making things. God is now blessing my new business, Life Style Bags by Sarah. I was only open 2 1/2 weeks and sold 7 bags, bringing in more money in this short period of time than I could have imagined. I continue to pray God's blessing over this new adventure. I love bringing joy to women's lives through the creations God had placed within me. Take a look at my shop, I am adding new things all the time!

I hold on to Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

The Lord has a plan for my life and this just might be part of it. I love that He knows before time what the plan is for our lives, finding out what that plan is can be a fun adventure.

I am linking up with Jen at Finding Heaven Today



2 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    That is so amazing! I totally can relate to the decision to stay at home, despite having very limited income. It was definitely a time where I learned to depend heavily on the Lord! So glad you business is going so strong!


  2. Michelle Says:

    As soon as our first child was born, we made the decision for me to stay home. At the time we took quite a dip in income and our lifestyle. 7 years later, we have been very blessed. However, not to say that things have been easy. I'm excited for your new business. I LOVE PURSES! I'm going to have to check yours out. :)


Post a Comment