Sarah Morales
Throughout my life there have been many times where I am here wondering why things happen the way they do. I am still in shock at the way you can be treated by people that are Christians. I struggle to comprehend and not take offense when people say hurtful things or just stop talking to you with not knowing their reason behind it.

I really think the worst situation to be put in, is seeing how they are completely different when they are in person, versus being in a virtual world. How people can act so nice to your face, then once they are in that virtual world you are ignored or rejected for no known cause.

I just keep praying that the Lord will keep my heart pure, when these situations come up. That He will keep my focus on that fact that regardless of what happens in life I am covered by His blood and worthy of His love...that is what matters to me. That I am always important in His sight, so important in fact that He gave up His life, so that I could live eternally with Him.

I am linking up with Jen at Finding Heaven. Please check it out if you want encouragement from beautiful women of God.


4 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    I am so sorry for your hurt. You have a good perspective and I pray that the truth will win out over the lies. You are precious and amazing -- God made you so perfectly.

    Someone else wrote on a similar subject -- Natalie at Mommy on Fire. Her words might bring you some encouragement today.


  2. Melissa Says:

    I have a very similar situation that happened to me at Ft. Jackson...we should get together soon and we can talk about it. But, just remember...you're a good wife, a good mother, a good friend and no matter what, Jesus loves you more than you can imagine. :) Stay strong, Sarah!


  3. @ Jen I read her blog and it really touched me, because being new to our area and our church I have seen exactly what she has written about happen...thank you so much for your encouragement

    @Melissa, I would love to get together for a visit and the babies can all play together. Thank you for encouraging me!! :)


  4. Sarah, I'm so sorry for your pain. You are so correct - it is incredibly hurtful to be hurt by someone who professes to be a Christian (and maybe they are but are 1) not walking deeply enough to know that their behavior is not pleasing to God and 2) she is a regular person who sins and sometimes doesn't see the error of her ways.)

    We set expectations high for those who believe but oftentimes we fail to remember that we are a fallen people. We will mess up. We will hurt others. We will cause pain. Unfortunately.

    I don't ever willingly want to do so and I would like to think that most of us are good. God calls us to go to the person (Matthew 18:15) and lovingly state our concerns. If this doesn't work, we are encouraged to bring in one or two witnesses who can work towards resolution.

    And if neither of these work? Hand it over to Him. You've done all you can do. Usually if you get to this point, the issue isn't really about you anyway. Set up healthy boundaries and move-on! I vlogged about this very topic on November 12.

    You are precious to Him, Sarah. He delights in you and loves you so much. Pray to be covered in his full armor (Ephesians 6) and He will protect you.

    I will pray for this situation!


Post a Comment