Sarah Morales
I sit and I wait, wishing the time to go by, so that I can once again be with the love of my life. It's so hard to wait and be patient while we wait for that loved one to be close to us. This is what I was going through while waiting for my husband to come back from his most recent mission for the Army.

While I sat and waited (not so patiently), I realized something very painful. This is what I am putting my heavenly Father through, when I don't make time for Him. I am guilty of that happening, more recently. I get so caught up in life, my family, my new business and what happens? The most important person, the one who gave me this life, the one who has blessed me more abundantly than I can ever imagine, gets pushed aside.

He waits, patiently for me to realize how much He has missed me, how he misses speaking in that still small voice and that I can actually hear Him, because I set aside the busyness of my life to hear what He has to say. He wants me to crawl up in his lap and listen to the story He wrote just for me.

As I realized this, it put a lot of pain in my heart to know that He is there, counting the minutes until I am there with Him. Its time to set aside the things that can wait and make time to hear those stories He wants to tell me.

I am linking up with Jen at Finding Heaven. Come join us and link up with a group of awesome women who share their hearts in hope of a sisterhood that will understand what they are going through.
7 Responses
  1. Angela Says:

    This broke my heart because it hit home....forgive me Lord.


  2. Unknown Says:

    I've been convicted of this same thing numerous times in my life - you are not alone. I am grateful that He does not harbor bitterness or scorn us because we have been neglectful. He just opens up His arms.


  3. Amy Sullivan Says:

    Wow. I never thought about this but you are right. How often I put God off when He is patiently waiting for me to notice him. Thank you, Sarah.


  4. Michelle Says:

    I've been working on this this year, prioritizing God daily. Do I always do it - No. Luckily as you say He is a patient father waiting for me to cling to Him through all my circumstances. Thanks for sharing this today Sarah.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Ouch. My Toes. :o)

    Wow. Such a powerful parallel you drew and I know I do the same often. I need to make Him more of a priority...every. single.day


  6. This is such a wonderful reminder of how He longs for us to pursue Him because He is always pursuing us. He never stops and yet we are so easily distracted.

    I'm so thankful He never is - aren't you?

    I am guilty of this as well - you are very much not alone.

    Your blog is beautiful. I can feel the yearning you have for your husband - I thank you for being on the "homefront" as your husband serves us and am so thankful to him for doing so.

    Great to "meet" you!


  7. Thank you everyone, it's definitely a daily struggle for me to prioritize. With the Lord's help I will get there.


Post a Comment